Saturday, August 09, 2008


I found an interesting art site a couple weeks ago and have joined Artwanted.com as a premium member. There is also a free membership available to try to see if this might be the place for you to exhibit your art. I think that most of the visitors & lookers are fellow artists but they give feedback to the images that you upload to your site. Besides selling your original painting there are prints of different sizes available at a reasonable price and the artist can order prints or cards of the original art at a discount.
Armando posted this painting challenge, he sent a sketch to those who wanted to participate and there were about 25 artists who submitted their paintings to the site. It was interesting to see how different all of them were presented from the same sketch. The participants were encouragd to use the sketch exactly as drawn or just as a reference.
I went to the Brownsville Art Museum today to assist in getting invitations ready to mail for an upcoming exhibit. We had some good volunteers show up to help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was surprised, Marilyn. Great to see your BRILLIANT version of my "Peixeiras" here! :-)

Cheers from Spain.

Armando Salas

KeRobinson said...

Oh I LOVE This one! I am drooling! Do you have flicker photo stream? or somewhere I to ogle your other works?